"If we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided all will fail."
About 3 years ago when I was self-employed, feeling soooo overwhelmed, and starting to resent my free-lance design business, I was dreaming of the day I would find another stay-at-home mom who would share my talents and partner with me. Never in a million years would I think that in order to do this, I would leave my hometown of Lancaster, OH… move to Fort Mill, SC (due to my husband’s job relocation) and find my dream partner in less than a month of living in our new town.
DREAMS DO COME TRUE.
I dedicate this entry to my new business partner, Maureen Anders.
Top 10 reasons why Maureen is my DREAM PARTNER:
10. After knowing me for only 3 weeks, Maureen got me. She understood that somewhere in my crazy world of motherhood, I had talents and ambitions to do something other than paint my new house! She said to me as I was leaving her house one day, “You need to work”… I replied back “Doing what”? She said, “Graphic design”. I pleaded “Do it with me”… and that’s all it took. Our partnership is easy… and has been from the beginning!
9. Maureen is about 6 years younger than me. She gets modern technology. She is a blogger, a facebooker, a texter, an e-mail junkie…. connecting all systems to her blackberry…. She figured out how to connect our talents to the world in like.... 10 minutes!
8. Maureen’s style is: clean lines, elegant, sophisticated & meticulous. My style is: eclectic, colorful, layered & free-form. We inspire each other’s designs in a way I can’t describe… and it meshes together like paper and glue.
7. Maureen is a people pleaser. I am not. Maureen likes to spoil our clients. I made my Mom buy our first design at FULL PRICE. Maureen says yes to everything. I say no. Maureen pushes us to expand our talents. I stop us from overextending ourselves. We are opposites in so many ways, but at the end of the day we balance each other out to perfection.
6. There is no jealously between us. We love each other’s designs, and inspire each other to do it even better the next time. She is happy for me when one of my designs sell, and I am happy for her. We have each other’s best interest at heart, and it’s really quite refreshing…. AND THERE IS NO DRAMA!
5. I can be myself in front of Maureen…. My- no showering for 3 days, bad breath, swearing like a truck-driver-self. And she can too. What you see is what you get… with both of us!
4. Our kids get along great. Our husbands get along even better. In fact, we are recently learning that our husbands are BAD NEWS together… in a good way :)
3. We talk, text, email all day long. And we don’t care how often we bug each other.
2. I knew from the moment I met Maureen, that we would be good friends.
1. I just like her.
p.s. Here are 2 of my favorite recent designs... Can you guess who designed what?
Choice A: Bridal Shower
Choice B: Monster Bash Birthday
Are styles are starting to mesh..... I think either one of us could have designed these...
Did you guess right?
a. Maureen b.Adria
Thanks for commenting! I'm sure you would be more than capable to do this swap.
It's a swap where you can be as creative as you want, or just do something simple, and I am expecting more Good content writing from you. I have also something to share here.
Glock 17 for sale cheap online without License overnight delivery (glockgunstore.com)
listateacuppuppies for sale online
how to buy weed online
teacup yorkie for sale
echten führerschein kaufen
listateacuppuppies for sale online
have also something to share here.
Post a Comment