Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My {Sweet} 38!

My 38th (bleh!) birthday is bearing down on me like a freight train (November 2, if you are curious). I’ve never had a birthday party as an adult and I was thinking about what type of party I would have (if I were to have one). I think that I would literally have a Sweet 38th Birthday Party – just desserts and open bar. Why? I love martinis, I love dessert and it's MY birthday!!!

The invitation (see below...another Anders Ruff fab creation), but remove the 16 and insert 38. Edit name and location, etc.



The venue: The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, NC (because I live in Charlotte).

Décor: Uh. Comfy and casual chic??? Need help with this (little) detail.

DJ: That Guy Smitty (LOVE Smitty! He spins the best tunes.)

Food: Desserts and drinks: Amy Atlas dessert table(s) and open bar (lots of martinis)!

Presents: No presents – your presence is my present. (Unless you want to pitch in some $$ for some Botox and Juvederm - it gets expensive!)

Start time: 8:00 p.m.

End time: 12:00 a.m. – That’s pushing it for me (I’m a morning person) and pumpkin o’clock at my house is usually between 9:45-10 p.m. But, what the H E double hockey sticks, I can stay up until midnight on my birthday, right?!

Do you think MTV would come and film My Sweet 38? Probably not. But, Fantasia lives right around the corner from me...maybe I could invite her and be on her VH-1 show, Fantasia For Real.



Let's party!



Carrie


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This is too funny! I will be celebrating my Sweet 37 at the beginning of November too! I'd say, call MTV...you never know!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails