Wednesday, July 21, 2010

{Press on Anders Ruff} Featured on Martha Stewart's Dreamers Into Doers - Part 2


...So two days in a row - being featured on Martha's dreamers into Doers website!

Yay!!! This time she featured these cute peanut butter bees that Maureen made for her son's first Beeday Party!

(We sell the invitations & other matching items... check them out if you haven't already! - so cute!!!)

Onto my latest Martha find! I picked up the summer Weddings magazine two days ago (it is by far one of my favorite magazines, even if I have been married for 12 years)!

I saw the cutest party banner & food labels that they made out of vintage fabric for a wedding, and then showed how to do it out of paper.... Take a look!


Once I saw the colors, and patterns I had to draw something up.... I was inspired immediately!

(I'm giving you a sneak peak as to how our design process works)



At this point all I have is ric-rac, zigzag stitching, patterns for a scalloped banner, and grosgrain ribbon.

What to do next? This is where the fun begins.... I will definately make a DIY printable party banner - however, I will want to offer a matching party invitation. I haven't started the invite yet, so I thought it would be fun to ask our readers, what type of invite you think I should design? Wedding Invite, Birthday Invite, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Party Package.....

I would love to hear your comments - if anyone can give me a great suggestion that I use for this collection, I will give you a version of the invite design (like a blank notecard design or something), that you can use down the road!!!)

Can't wait to hear your feedback!!!! ~Adria


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love those colors. I think they would look great for an end of summer BBQ party. The kind of party I would have just before school starts to celebrate the closing of another great summer. - Nancy

nancymanning18@yahoo.com

Anders Ruff Custom Designs said...

ohhhh - I like that suggestion!!! Keep 'em coming... I will probably start working on it next week!
Thanks Nancy!!!
Adria

Erika said...

I asked Charlotte. She's 4 but she's got plenty of good ideas :) She suggested that it be a "Clownin' Around" Party for a boy or a girl.

Anders Ruff Custom Designs said...

I like that one too.... I am already brainstorming from both ideas.. I hope we get more suggestions - I love hearing feedback from clients - so fun!!!
Adria

LBuccino said...

These colors remind me of vintage french beach tents - so maybe something like that would be cool (its always nice to see invites for summer/beach parties that aren't Hawaiian). I also like the clown/circus idea. A circus birthday theme goes a long way w/ kids...so much you can do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails